Why I love Quarter Scale Dollhouse Miniatures:
1) An entire house will fit in your hands, which means an entire street will fit across your mantle or any convenient shelf.
2) An entire room can fit into any theme related container, such as this class I took with Suzanne and Andrews Miniatures at NAME (National Association of Miniature Enthusiast) National Convention last July.
or this workshop by Peggy Fowler my miniature club did last summer
3) You can pack everything you need to build quarter scale kits (including the kit) into a pencil box for easy portability.
4) Small is cute, and smaller still is proportionally more amazing, right?
5) A quarter scale project makes a nice table centerpiece for themed meals.
6) Wiring with led lights and watch batteries is a cinch with a little planning, like the birthday box above.
7) Quilling paper makes great molding, which means scissors are all you need to cut trim!
8) This should be FIRST on the list really: You can store a LOT MORE unfinished kits in a lot less space.
By the way, if you aren’t familiar with the National Association of Miniature Enthusiast, check them out. With the new on-line group, on-line auctions, great magazine, fabulous conventions and new this year, on-line conventions…it’s a great way to meet like-minded people!